WRA ( Wrinkle Reduction Advanced)
The WRA applicator utilizes both light and bi-polar Radio Frequency energies for wrinkle reduction treatments. The WRA treatment stimulates collagen production and produces a firming effect in sagging skin. The WRA laser combines radio frequency and light energies to precisely heat the connective tissue within the targeted treatment area. WRA will improve the appearance of aged skin by wrinkle reduction…. This stimulates collagen production and produces a firming effect in loose skin. Mild to moderate wrinkles are treated and skin texture becomes smoother and more elastic. Wrinkles may not disappear, but will be shorter, shallower and smoother.
· Avoid skin irritation or intentional skin tanning. Sun-screen is advisable when outdoors during daylight hours.
- Discontinue any irritant topical agents for 2-3 days prior to treatment. (Retinoic Acid or Vitamin A derivatives)
- Arrive for treatment with clean skin. There should be no lotion, make-up, SPF, perfume, deodorant, powder, or bath/shower oil present on the skin in the area to be treated.
- Typically 3-6 sessions, 3-4 weeks apart are sufficient.
- Touch-up session may be desired seasonally or as little as 1x yearly.
- Please note: The degree of improvement and the number of sessions required varies between patients with different degrees of severity.
- Results appear gradually: immediate transient improvement can be noticed after each treatment; however maximum long –term effect is usually noticed 3 – 6 months after the entire treatment.
- If needed cool the treated area immediately following treatment with cold (not frozen) packs.
- Blistered or ulcerated skin can be treated with a prescribed antibiotic ointment, aloe vera, or burn treatment cream.
- During the first two days following treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid hot baths, massage, etc.
- If scabs appear after blistering, they should be kept soft with a lubricating cream.
- The patient should use high factor sunscreen (minimum SPF 30) and protect the treated area from sunlight for at least one month after the treatment. Tanning after treatment may cause hyper pigmentation.
What results can one expect from (WRA) wrinkle reduction advanced treatment?
The WRA can improve textural irregularities in the skin due to loss of collagen in the dermis such as: non-dynamic moderate wrinkles, enlarged pores, superficial acne scarring, and rough skin texture. This is done non-ablatively, which means that this is a non-invasive procedure. Most people leave the treatment office with only slight pinkness or no pinkness…and can return to work immediately.
****Dynamic wrinkles such as between the brows or deep folds near the mouth/nose are not realistic indications for WRA treatment.